Nolo's Guide to Social Security Disability
This comprehensive and compassionate book covers both SSDI and SSI, shows you how to prove a disability, and explains how your age, education, and work experience affect your chances. Parents will find special information about benefits available to children with a disability.
Learn how to:
- find the disability criteria for your medical condition
- prove the severity of your disability
- appeal if you’re denied benefits
- work part time while keeping your benefits
- prepare for a Continuing Disability Review
- and more.
Plus, this book is packed with filled-in samples of all the forms you’ll need, including the SSDI and SSI disability applications.
This edition covers recent major changes, including:
- updated disability listings for over 65 medical conditions
- new rules concerning hearings and evidence, and
- changes in how Social Security considers evidence from treating doctors and other medical providers.